I signed up for the "Midnight Flight" 5K race today. It's something that I've always wanted to do, but never actually got around to signing up for it. Thanks for being my motivation, Marie! ;-) I'll probably run with Kylie, who is a friend from my homegroup at Newspring. She doesn't run on a regular basis, so there might actually be a chance that I can keep up with her. Last year she had to walk a part of the race and this year her goal is to do the whole thing without slowing down to a walk. My goal is just to finish. Period. I'm so nervous! And I'm so out of shape! I can't even remember the last time I went for a run without being chased by something. So for the next two weeks, I'm going to be running every day for as far as I can go. Maybe, just maybe, by the time September 1st comes around, I'll be able to run 5K. Gulp.
Day One: Wednesday
Ran 1 mile.
Day Two: Thursday
Will Run 1 mile
Day Three: Friday
Will Run 1 mile
Day Four: Saturday
No Time! (In class all day in Columbia)
Day Five: Sunday
Will Run 2 miles
And the strict regime continues...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YEA!!!!!!!! i'm running it too!
you'll do great i'm sure!
have a great weekend!
Post a Comment