I am happy to report that my first day of grad school went extremely well. I found the right building, met my professors, talked with some of my classmates, and received information about all of my assignments for the semester. It was a little overwhelming, but I know that I can do it and I am definitely up for a challenge. One thing in particular that I have to decide is the question of what concentration to pursue. Do I do administration? academic? children's services? public services? young adult? archives? technical services? special libraries? children's media? I have so many options to think about. I would love to work in a public library as an administrator, supervisor, or branch manager, and I would also love to work with children, whether it be children's services, media, or young adult. How on earth am I ever going to decide? Got any suggestions?
Thankfully, I have 6 classes to take before I have to make up my mind. That means I have at least until this time next year to make a decision. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
young adult! then you can book me as a guest when you're working as a big-time librarian!!
:-) great idea! then i can take that class where i have to read ALL those young adult award winning books and you can give me info on the ones i don't have time to read!! :-D
Post a Comment