Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Life As An Adult

Sometimes I think I'm living in a dream. In the middle of the day, I'll suddenly have this urge to pinch myself just to make sure that I'm really awake. Work is going really well at the library, and my life outside of work is just as busy as ever. I'm still babysitting some in the evening and helping out with the children's ministry at Newspring. I've also been spending a lot more of my time taking care of the house, doing yardwork, running errands, and paying bills. I know this is going to sound weird, but I actually enjoy paying bills. Every time I pay a bill, it reminds me of how much God has given me. Think about it. Instead of bemoaning the fact that you have less money in your checking account, you can count the blessings that you've already been given. Electricity, water, gas, food, medicine, a house to call home... So what if I don't have anything left over at the end of the month to buy new clothes, go out to eat, or go on a trip. I'm grateful that I don't have to worry about how I'm going to get my next meal or where I'm going to sleep.

I'm so happy right now, and I hope that no matter what happens in life, I can still smile because I know that God is always looking out for me.

2 comments:

~marie said...

yes, you amaze me! i can't belive you already have your own house and a real job and everything!!!!
you are very blessed!

Amber said...

:-D
AND I have the most amazing friends ever! :-)